Fuddled logic (letter)by Leon AshbyNews Weekly
, June 13, 2009
The climate change issue has a number of incorrect facts and fuddled logic that we should laugh at while realising the whole issue is a most likely a complete hoax, e.g.,
• If you put CO2 into black balloons, they stay on the ground. Yet in the TV ads they float. (Try it).
• CO2 is colourless, but only the black smoke stacks get shown when CO2 is mentioned.
• CO2 is "supposedly" a pollutant, but it must not be banned from soft drinks and beer.
• Polar bear numbers have risen from 5,000 to 25,000 in the last 70 years, which now makes them endangered.
• The sea is alkaline and an extra 3 parts per 10,000 of CO2 will (somehow) make it acidic.
• The global temperature has decreased since 1998, so the world is warming at an alarming rate.
• Global warming means both more droughts and more floods.
• We need to tax the molecule that is the basis of all life surviving on this planet (CO2) so we can control the climate.
Only a green religion would make us believe going down equals going upward.Leon Ashby,
President, "The Climate Sceptics",
Mount Gambier, SA